Friday, 26 August 2011

Shah Rukh Khan and Juhi Chawla: Jodi Manifesto Part IV

So I'm sure by now you've all read Part I, Part II and Part III of my Jodi Manifesto.

And now finally we come to the important part! How can you watch all these amazing Shah Rukh Khan/Juhi Chawla films?

I've specified which ones of the links include English subtitles since I realise not everybody has watched as many Hindi movies as I have and picked up the language through osmosis.

Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman: 

As far as I know this film isn't available online but here's a cute scene where Raju gets all excited upon getting his first paycheck and wants to look at cars. Renu then tells the salesman that they'd like to purchase both cars. One for her to go to the market in and one for him to pick "Babblu and "Pappu" up from school in.



Darr


Also unavailable online but it is Yash Raj after all. This is the scene where Rahul receives Kiran's wedding card and doesn't take the news very well :(. I love that within the space of 2 minutes Rahul goes from angry to sad to deciding he has to "save" Kiran and not make the scene into a caricature.



Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa


You can watch the entire film with English subtitles here and I do recommend that you do.
But alternatively you can just watch Juhi's entire scene from the film with English subtitles below.



Ram Jaane

The full movie is on youtube with subtitles here but they're all cut off before the second line unfortunately or without.

Yes Boss
Full movie with english subtitles here

Duplicate
Full movie with english subtitles here

Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani
Dreamz Unlimited and Red Chillies also don't seem to like their movies being online. So you can have a fun song for your troubles locating the film yourself.



One 2 Ka 4

Full movie with english subtitles here

Paheli
Another SRK produced film so no online version I know of but this is one of my favourite songs, Dheere Jhalna sung by Sonu Nigam.



Om Shanti Om

Juhi appears only in the song Deewangi Deewangi.



Bhoothnath: 
You can watch the entire movie without subtitles here

Okay that was totally epic but thank you so much for sticking with me through it. I hope you enjoyed it and let me know if you'd be interested in more of these :).

4 comments:

  1. Epic and fabulous. Thanks SO much for doing this overview on Shah Rukh and Juhi. I always feel people dismiss them as a jodi in favor of Kajol. I started out as a SRK/Kajol #1 jodi fan, but when I started watching SRK/Juhi together, they just have such a solid...for lack of a better word...chemistry that goes beyond sexuality. They have a sensuality, actually, that's hard to put into words. They are just so very natural together that is just seems effortless on their part. Being such very close friends is probably a major key to this. Thanks again for this and for providing links for people to have a chance to check out their film history together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I really feel as well that SRKajol is so overhyped and I much prefer SRK/Juhi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello there nayika, i was googling, searching for my fav jodi of all time, srkjuhi n bump into your awesome blog! thanks for creating this masterpiece. they are my fav jodi of all time, despite many people think srk are better with kajol.

    many people doesnt really appreciate this jodi, including directors. nowadays, it is hard to find them being paired again in any film. such a waste! i hope someday they will be paired again, nevermind if it is when they are old n just playing parents for the new generation hero n heroin.

    i hope my wish will come true n they will be paired again!

    thanks nayika!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for commenting :)

    It's very difficult to anticipate another film because they're doing such different types of cinema these days. Shahrukh is still very mainstream and commercial whereas Juhi has said she doesn't see herself acting in those films as heroine anymore and is not ready to become an onscreen mother yet so she's very happy with parallel cinema.

    But I do hope it happens one day! They look so comfortable together even in Bhoothnath they just seemed like a real couple with a kid.

    ReplyDelete